Imbrium Systems, Inc.
JELLYFISH® FILTER JF4-2-1
WHAT IS THE JELLYFISH FILTER?
Jellyfish Filter is a stormwater quality treatment technology featuring high surface area and high flow rate membrane filtration, at low driving head. By incorproating pretreatment with light-weight membrane filtration, Jellyfish Filter removes a high level and a wide variety of stormwater pollutants, including the finest of particles. The high surface area membrane cartridges, combined with up flow hydraulics, frequent backwashing and the cartridge rinse-able and reusable feature, ensures long-lasting superior performance.
The Jellyfish Filter has been verified through the ISO 14034 Environmental Management – Environmental Technology Verification (ETV) program and is the only stormwater filtration device in Canada to achieve this verification.
HOW DOES THE JELLYFISH FILTER WORK?
- Stormwater enters the Jellyfish through the inlet pipe or inlet grate, builds driving head, and traps floating pollutants behind the maintenance access wall and below the cartridge deck
- Water is pushed down below the cartridge deck where a separation skirt around the cartridges directs oil, trash and debris outside the filtration zone, allowing sand-sized particles to settle in the sump
- Water is directed to the filtration zone and up through the top of the cartridge into the backwash pool. Once the water has filled the backwash pool, clean water overflows the weir and exits via the outlet pipe
- The membrane filters provide a very large surface area to effectively remove fine sand and silt-sized particles, and a high percentage of particulate-bound pollutants such as nitrogen, phosphorus, metals and hydrocarbons, while ensuring long-lasting treatment
- After every storm peak, the filtered water in the backwash pool flows back through the hi-flo membrane cartridges into the lower chamber. This passive backwash coupled with vibrational pulses and gravity extends cartridge life, keeping the membrane clean for future events
- The draindown cartridge located outside the backwash pool enables water levels to balance
Imbrium Systems, Inc.